Assistance for Homeowners
Notice for Homeowners:
If you are behind on your payments, the mortgage terms may be revised to make your loan easier to handle. With still affordable mortgage rates, this is a good time to consider refinancing from an adjustable rate loan to a fixed rate loan.
Fiscal Credit Union also offers a free counseling service, BALANCE, which can review your monthly budget and help you better plan for your financial future.
To take advantage of the mortgage refinance option, the following documentation is needed:
- W-2s from the last two years
- Current pay stubs
- Federal tax returns from the previous two years
- Hardship letter explaining the circumstance regarding the default
- Two months of current statements from deposit accounts (except Fiscal's)
- Listing agreement for the home, if currently listed, with current asking price
- Any offers to purchase the subject property currently being considered
- We may need to ask for more information or documentation, but will let you know on a case by case basis.
- Depending upon your circumstances, there may be different options available to you. Nonexclusively they may include, bringing your loan current if you are behind, a temporary loan modification, selling your property or a quit claim deed.
If you have any questions, please call Fiscal at
(800) 311-3328. One of our loan officers will be happy to assist you. You can also use Fiscal's web site for additional information about mortgages.
If you are exploring your options, you can also visit the web site of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) at HUD or call them at (800) 569-4287. The Department can help you find a HUD-certified housing counseling agency to assist you.
Return to top.